Saturday 20 February 2010

Brightling church






This one is my favourite- 'A Prisoner of Hope'.


I recently visited one of my local churches, it was very idyllic, the perfect little country village church. On the modest wooden benches there was a rather large assortment of kneeler cushions. They were each individually hand embroidered with a large variety of imagery from a harvest scene complete with combine harvester to a nest full of feeding baby birds, my favorites however were the personalized ones- the ones with people’s names and dates on them. I am not sure if they were made specifically for the person named to kneel on during service of if they were made in memory of them. They are however each completely unique and very special.

Again, I love this idea of labelling and the use of text being very informative and straightforward.

No comments:

Post a Comment